So this pretty much summed up my Monday. As a quick update, my publisher has decided to cease operations one month prior to my debut YA Contemporary release. So my beloved CHASING EVELINE will not be published. Yet. Because, yes, I will persevere! Nobody puts Baby in a corner, right? Someone else will believe in my story. So, ten-second pity party over. 🙂
Now it’s Tuesday!!!! And that means…a new set of 24 hours for things to suck. Okay, no…it means another episode of Top Ten Tuesday, brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is 10 Bookish Things I Want to Quit. The problem I have is that my problem isn’t quitting anything book-related. My problem is quitting everything else that is keeping me from all bookish things! So, I now present you with…
10. Staring off into space for hours at a time. (How is it already 9 PM?)
9. Watching all that TV. (DVRing 12 shows is a bit excessive.)
8. Wasting time on the internet. (Spooning Corgis anyone?)
7. Trying to read in bed. (Bed= sleep. What am I thinking?)
6. Less cleaning. ( I will survive without dusting this week.)
5. Wasting all my money at Target. (Do I really need more t-shirts? And that nail polish? And what about that fancy hand towel?)
4. Choosing books that I’m not really interested in. (Everyone else is doing it, so…)
3. Eating. (Or really, thinking about eating. Lunch over? Great, now what’s for dinner?)
2. Did I mention wasting time on the internet? (Where is Kate Middleton today?)
1. Quit my job. (Okay, so unrealistic. But also, so awesome!)
Do you do any silly things that get in the way of your reading? Do you find hours of your time wasted on cat videos? Share so I don’t feel so badly!